02 October, 2007

A New Beginning With Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Started a new journey in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Portuguese Purple Belt, Francisco Cunha "Quico".

Francisco Cunha "Quico" flanked by his instructors


Before Quico started our class, he explained a few things to everyone, a total of 17 athletes was there for the first session, including one Blue Belt from KDT Academy;

1. We must be in shape( being fit ).
2. Everyone learns from each other, no matter what belt you are.
3. What BJJ is all about.
4. ...and finally his BJJ experiences.


So we started the class with the usual warming up, then followed up with conditioning. Worked on the core, arms n legs with our body weight. I can tell myself that I'm not in shape at all before I could finished the conditioning routine. Now I'm having DOMS all over my tights, arms and abs as I'm typing this. Whatever routine we did, Quico explained to us the anatomical reason to it and how it helps us in our BJJ game.

Learned the basics of Guard and Mount in our first rolling session.
Quico also explains that during our rolling sessions, we should not go TOO hard with our rolling partner, just in case we might break or dislocated a joint.

All I can say is, after 2 years of hiatus from martial arts training, I'm very, very happy to be training again. What's even better is that I'm training under a friendly and humble instructor.


Guard


Side Mount

Currently there's only two Brazilian Jiu Jitsu clubs in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
For those who are interested to learn the art of ground self-defense may check our the link below.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Like very cool, come I learn from you lol

Jason Lee Kang Xian said...

Lordz`,

no, it's not cool. trust me. i was sweating like a buffalo in the gym. it's hot!

come and roll with us lahhh!
>.<"

Dun go clubbing, go gym-iing.lol

Anonymous said...

KX now I know why u like tis class la....men hugging and rollin around the floor....kekekeke.....

Jason Lee Kang Xian said...

Bernice,

Don't say out ma...i shy shy wan :$

But trust me, I'll prefer hugging and rolling around the floor with YOU :P

Haha!