10 June, 2008

Brutal BJJ Team Malaysia is Ending Soon


Most of you might know that I started training BJJ last October with Quico of Brutal BJJ Team.
I however stopped training one month later(November 2007) due to back injury, resume training again a month later(December 2007) but in a very inconsistent manner, and a total lay off from BJJ from January until recent May after I finished my finals in college.

In between that, I contemplated to quit BJJ after I was diagnosed with a herniated disc on L5/S1 on February 2008. I however made a U-turn on my decision after much encouragement and support from my teammates in Brutal BJJ Malaysia.

Two weeks ago Quico announced that he will be leaving Malaysia end of this year due to job commitments, and our last class will be on 30th June. It was quite a shock for the team. We do expect him to leave us one day, but not THIS soon. We expected to have him with the team for at least two years as he told us before that will be the duration he will be in Malaysia. Things are however, subject to changes. Nothing is certain.

And it's a pity that I missed 5 months in total of training. With remaining of 6 classes under Quico's guidance left, I'll definitely have to make full use of it to absorb as much knowledge as possible from Quico.

Till then ... the team will decide where to move on.

No comments: