11 August, 2007

Private Institutions That Offers Undergraduate Psychology Course


As far as we know there isn't many Private Institutions offering undergraduate Psychology course in Malaysia. Being a student who is interested to pursue a degree in Psychology myself, I used to face difficulty on getting information that I wanted/needed after I completed my SPM(equivalent to GCE "O" Levels). When I was at college, I was quite surprise to find that most of my course mates doesn't know WHERE and HOW to acquire for such information. They just enroll and study without knowing what's their next direction?

I'm doing this writeup hoping that it will be useful to prospect students of
Psychology. Take note that I'm not endorsing any of the institutions mentioned nor being affiliated to them. This will just serve as a shallow platform of information and It's based on my personal survey with limited resources, therefore I do not guarantee full accuracy of information provided as institutions mentioned might alter them from time to time.


To date, there are 5 private institutions that offers Undergraduate
Psychology course;


HELP University College

Sunway University College
University College Sedaya International

Monash University, Malaysia Campus
  • Offers 3+0 Bachelor of Arts with a few major to choose from, Communication, International Studies, Writing and Psychology. Offered under the School of Arts and Sciences.

University Tunku Abdul Rahman


All 5 institutions requires student to go through a Pre-University programme before being allowed to enroll into their
undergraduate programme. It could be the generally accepted GCE 'A' Levels, STPM, AUSMAT, SAM, CIMP to name a few, or the institution's very own foundation programme. However, due to the fact that there is no 1 standardized foundation programme in Malaysia, every institution sets their own standard for their offered foundation programme. Students who opt for Institution's own foundation program may need to resit certain subject papers if they were to transfer to another institution.


My next writeup would be Private Institutions That Offers Undergraduate Psychology Course - via American Degree Programme.

No comments: