20 June, 2007

Temptation for Taekwondo

Update @ 12:13
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

After watching a YouTube video on 2nd MTF National Junior Taekwondo Championship 2007, I'm starting to doubt my capability in this sport. I doubt I could even shuffle my legs like last time, or execute combo kicks. The most I could do is perform turning kick using right leg only. Or just use punches which would not contribute to any points but counting on aggressiveness to win?

It's not the pain that matters. Pain is temporary, But I'm afraid of undergoing another surgery that might cause me to limp forever.

The feeling I'm having now, is the same feeling I had after my 2nd surgery. It makes me feel like killing myself.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

I went to see the head instructor (
a 7th Dan Kukiwon WTF Taekwon ) of TAR college's Taekwondo club with 2 of my friends ( both also haven't been training for quite sometimes ) telling him that we are interested to join the Inter-Varsity Tournament that is going to be held from 28-29 July 2007 at Tunku Abdul Rahman College Sport Complex. He seems to be very happy after we told him about each one of our experience taking part in competitions. He keeps encouraging us to start training as soon as possible.

But It seems that we must first register ( in a way, asking you to pay money first. No Money, No Join !!) myself as the college's Taekwondo club member, then only we can represent the college's team in the tournament.

I have not even kick a sand bag or attempt to do so since my ACL and meniscus surgery back in August 2005. Since this is the case, I've asked the instructor to give me a try out session first in attempt to spar. If I feel uncomfortable or my knee could not take it during training session, then the competition will be off for me.


Based on Erik Erikson's Stages of Psychosocial Development;


the excitement of competition versus the guilt of body

Registration Form

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm , jason, just from what i think, if there's a risk that the surgery will cause u get more damages to the leg, then i dun think u should go for taekwando training, and competition.
U can do lots of things with ur legs, and u can't do lots of things without it as well, so please take into consideration...

Unknown said...

Let's go kick some asses