19 June, 2007

Who To Sign Up With ?

I've been having the thoughts of bringing my skills and knowledge to another level by getting myself certified as Fitness Trainer with an Internationally recognized body since I was working as an Assistant Instructor in my college’s Co-Curricular Gym Workout programme.

So I went searching around in the internet with the help of Uncle Google and found out that there are hundreds of independent bodies that offer such certification. Out of the hundreds, I've short listed NESTA, ISSA, ACE and FISAF.

Among all 4 of them, ISSA's Certified Fitness Trainer topped my list. This is because they offer the flexibility of studying with 3 different study options and giving us our own time up to 2 years to complete our exam. Besides that, what attracted me the most to ISSA is their assistant to their trainers upon being certified. ISSA's Master Trainers will assist their trainers in handling special cases. For instance designing a training programme for a client whom had a certain injuries.

Currently ISSA is having "Summer Savings" where $100 discount is given to any of ISSA courses. Sadly, when I inquire about it, my emails were forwarded to Human Principles in Singapore, whom represents ISSA in South Easy Asia. Their course fees are way higher than ISSA USA by at least RM600 after converting for the same course. I've tried asking if I can enroll directly with ISSA USA, however I do not receive any reply from them yet since 3 days ago.

Then coming to ACE and FISAF. Their exams are hosted at particular testing location and time. Which I'm afraid it might clashes with any other of my commitments. That alone is a total turnoff to me. So I’ve decided that if by the time ISSA's Summer Savings end and I still do not get a reply from them, I would enroll with NESTA instead.

But the drawback with NESTA is the time limit of completion; Exam must be completed within 90 days upon ID assignment (as mentioned in their website, for more info click here). And the troublesome part is they have a different testing policy for International Students outside of USA. We need to find a proctor that is acceptable to NESTA by filling out and submitting the Proctor Agreement Form at least 30 days prior to preferred exam date or exam deadline, or else we’ll be forfeited of exam fees.

No comments: