09 July, 2007

Signing Up With ISSA

1 week before I left for Indonesia, I finally got a reply from ISSA USA stating that candidates from South East Asia could still enroll with them directly although Human Principles of Singapore is the representatives of ISSA in SEA.

I enrolled immediately in ISSA's Certified Fitness Trainer programme with my father’s credit card with the total fee of USD495 + USD 60 for shipping (Roughly close to RM2K after exchange rate). My study material was shipped to me within 6 days instead of the estimated 7-14 days for International shipping.


Study material being packed nicely in a box, shipped with FedEX


Being greeted with a welcoming letter from ISSA's Executive Director, Dr Sal Arria



Inside the box, there are 2 textbooks; Fitness: The Complete Guide and Fiscal Fitness, 1 CFT workbook & Study Guide, 1 CD-Rom with workout programmes, and other promotional leaflets.


ISSA's courses are offered as open book courses with the given time frame of 2 years to be completed upon enrollment. Therefore, I can take my own sweet time to study and complete it within 2 years.

I haven't really start reading up yet since I've just settled down from Indonesia's trip, and with tons of college work to catch up after being on study leave for 1 week. My goal is to complete this course within 1 year instead of 2 years.

For those who are interested in enrolling as ISSA's candidate, please do let me know and let me be your reference. For more info on ISSA, click here. ISSA is an affiliate of National Board of Fitness Examiners.

No comments: