13 July, 2007

Feeling The Stretch On Knee's Ligament

I started my first yoga class in May under Jazamine, however after 3 classes, I stopped for the whole month of June due to my tight schedule in various activities. I started again last week and train under two different instructors from Fitness First Leisure Mall branch.

Out of the two different instructors, I can't help but to say that I like MC's class. Yes, MC is a guy instructor (I'm straight, I date girls only). I really like the way he conduct his class.

Besides conducting classes like the other 2 instructors, MC has an extra edge for explaining to us anatomical terms. For instance, we were asked to perform Upavistha Konasana (Wide-Angle Seated Forward Bend), and I felt some stretch on my both knee's lateral ligament, and I think it's very common for beginners to do it wrongly and feel the stretch on the knee, which wasn't meant to be. And MC explained to us that we are NOT supposed to feel the stretch on the knee, which previously I thought it was okay. If we feel the stretch on the knee, all we need to do is to reduce the split and bend our knees a little.

Upavistha Konasana (Wide-Angle Seated Forward Bend), infact is the same to my Taekwondo warming up routine, "Split-forward-down",just different command. I'm starting to think weather my ACL Tear has anything to do with wrong guidance on warming up by our Taekwondo instructors ? If it's not totally related, but at least partially? I remember clearly on how we were forced to open up our split as big as possible and straighten legs, while being pushed from our back.

No comments: