20 May, 2007

Getting started with Yoga

I did my first yoga class last Wednesday at Fitness First Leisure Mall under Jazamine. After just attending my first class, I would say that I HAVE to pick up yoga more seriously.


I realise a few things while going half-way through the class;

-If I would have trained Martial Arts WITH Yoga last time, It would certainly had helped in many ways. Now I know why MMA fighters like Diego Sanchez, Renato Sobral and Luke Cummo does yoga.


-If I would still want to compete in Martial Arts, yoga is the tool I need for me to get back to my fitness level.

-Yoga will strenghten my core, get me toned, flexible and of course, would be good for my knee. I managed to confirmed how yoga would be good for knees through this article.


I can remember clearly we started the class with a few minutes of Anapanasati Meditation, where we relax our body and focus on our breathing in and out. Then proceed with Sun Salutation. I wont be going talking about the WHOLE class, but I failed to perform Crane and a few other moves that involve in using my right tight's muscle. My right leg was shivering so obviously that the next person beside me was laughing( Of course, I laughed at my ownself too )

Before I started my first yoga class on Wednesday, I was hesitating. It's normal for any first timers/beginners. Therefore, I suggest beginners who are interested with yoga to read up Tips for Yoga Beginners before joining a class.

Besides that, don't worry about people laughing at you. No one is there to really pay attention at you ( unless you are a HUNK or HOT chick in real sexy outfit ). Just go into the studio, let the instructor know you're a first timer, get a mat and get the front and middle spot, where you can see the instructor clearly on stage, and finally, just get it started !

Best trainings!

No comments: