20 February, 2008

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)

Attended CPR training/course at FIT Innovation to fulfill ISSA's requirement for their trainers to be CPR certified. After attending the course, I came to a conclusion that Ignorance is not bliss, but kills.

During emergency situation, it's rather important to make the correct move rather than move you think is correct. It determines the victim's survival rate.

I'm pretty glad that I did went through this course, although I hope I don't have to use it on any of my future clients. It's better knowing than not knowing, just in case.

Personally I also feel that such training/course should be included into our national curriculum syllabus, not just limited to St John Ambulance and Red Crescent members.

4 comments:

kEn said...

Congrats on being CPR certified!

Although it's nothing big to brag about, but we're talking about life saving skills here. I can't remember when I got mine, if I remember correctly, it was when I was back in form 5 when I took my lifeguard exam :P

You won't be using it in your future profession but who knows, one day it'll come in handy.

Jason Lee Kang Xian said...

I agree with you, it's not about bragging on being certified, but being competence when situation arises.

And yeah, could come in handy in any situation :D

Anonymous said...

Hie, we were in the same class- not sure if I even passed.

Jason Lee Kang Xian said...

@ yin teing,

I believe sure all of us attended the course that day will pass :)

Have the faith ^_^

p/s: now I know goodbyesugar belongs to who :P