21 February, 2009

Buddhist ? What Buddhist ?

I am a volunteer with a Buddhist organization, technically I am a Buddhist, because my IC says so. But let me state this clearly, I am not a Buddhist. So what am I?? I am a truth seeker. I am spiritual but never religious.

Why am I not a Buddhist? "Buddhist" or "Buddhism" never even existed in the first place.
The Buddha did not created Buddhism and called himself and his followers Buddhist.

It is merely conventional labeling and I am never attached to it.

I dislike when people get so attached to Buddhist this and that.
I usually hear people say : "Buddhist should have 'these' qualities", "This is Buddhist values".

What the Buddha taught was Universal Values and Law.
Stop claiming it belongs to the Buddhist and get BIG headed! .
Enough of being ANAL with it.

POOORAH!

2 comments:

***snowbell*** said...

opps, never know that u gt "deep insight" on religion things. thought u are some sort of 'don't care' type of people on religion. hehehe..btw, promote my blog to u, healthyshueling.blogspot.com , visit often n give comment k~ thx n take care. cu in class :D

Jason Lee Kang Xian said...

Don't play play :P