11 December, 2008

Because so many people asked ...

Why did transfer to UCSI University instead of UTAR or continue Advanced Diploma in TARC and subsequently to LJMU for a Degree.

I've decided to make this a post, to make things easy for me :)

Firstly, I never liked the study environment in TARC. They have very good campus facilities, very impressive on first sight when I was at their open day. However, only to realized that their classroom was worst than my secondary school classrooms, it was too late to regret. Then, it made me realize that the campus is overcrowded, therefore facilities are considered lacking. Student:Facilities ratio cannot balance lah! And of course, the main language used in campus is English, but majority of the students doesn't. I seriously felt and know that my English was dropping.

And most importantly, the reason I did not choose to remain under TAR's umbrella was because of internship opportunities.

If I were to remain at TARC, the only internship is during Diploma level where we had a 7 weeks attachment, and only to be posted once a week. Meaning 7weeks x once a week, with a total of 7 times/days. How much can we benefit from that? And I got feedbacks from my coursemates that during their posting, they did things that are not related to our field; cleaning up centre, data entry etc. Luckier ones get to do survey, which is indirectly preparing them for thesis writing to a certain extend. And I was the luckiest to think about it, I managed to get myself posted to the Psychiatry Ward of UKM Medical Centre and experienced many things first hand.

As for UTAR, internship is only done once, which is the last semester if I'm not mistaken.

Institutions that I shortlisted to top up for my Degree such as HELP University College and UCSI University, are compulsory to have 3 internships done before graduating. Although it's only 2 months per-internship, but the opportunity to have it done in 3 different places/companies strucked my mind, and this is one of the main reasons.

So now, you know why? :)

No comments: