30 August, 2008

What I've been up to?

I've been very busy for the past one month after resigning from my last job with True Fitness;


Traveling to Sabah on 15th August for an education workshop organized by Aloka Education Group on 16th and 17th August, where I was asked to do a presentation under Dr Tan Ho Soon's slot as a former student of Nalanda Vidyalaya. Public speaking has never been my comfort zone, but I took up the challenge as a training ground for me to speak in front of crowd. And due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to change my presentation into a Q&A session instead. And yes, I did not do well in this presentation, I was so nervous to the extent of shivering because I was presenting in front of teachers, lecturers and senior lecturers. However it was a good experience. There's a saying, from experience I gain, from below I rise.




After 2 days of Education workshop, we headed to Kundasang and stayed for 4 days and 3 nights at Celyn Resort. Coming back to KL on 21st August late night, the next day itself I had to attend a 1 day course and on 23rd covering the 4th Inter Dharma School Hymn Singing Competition 2008 as one of the official photographer.

Preparing for a new study environment. I've enrolled into UCSI's BA (Hons) in Psychology programme, and orientation was on 28th August, 2 days ago. I see a challenging course ahead with such huge different teaching system to be adapted, compared to TAR College.

And finally...

Sitting for my ISSA CFT exams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason,you are also involved in Aloka? I didn't know. Years ago I was very active in Buddhist society but later stop due to job commitments. I think Nalanda have Dhamma speakers training courses and coming from Dr Tan, there're quite good coz he is also a very good speaker. Great to hear you are a personal trainer and persuing tertiary education. When persuing, learn a course that interest you.

Jason Lee Kang Xian said...

Hi Yin Teing, good to hear from you again.

I'm not really involved in Aloka. This workshop was organized by Aloka Education Group, and Dr Tan was invited because of he is actively promoting Buddhist Education, and so far there have been much positivel feedbacks/responses in this few years since 2004.

Nalanda has various courses, mainly related to education and management. Dharma speakers course was by Dr Phang CK sometime last year i think.