26 May, 2008

When Daddy Think He Knows Best ...

While I was updating my resume to apply for a part-time Fitness Instructor opening, I recalled something my dad told me few years ago when I was still actively competing in Taekwondo competitions and other sports.

My parents are the conservative types where they think their child should be studying hard, get a good job with high salary. They never want their child should be taking part in any sports as it's just waste of time and will not bring any benefit.


Worst still, my dad told me no employers will want to hire someone who's into combat sports.
During that time, I wasn't able to defend my stand although I believe whatever I go through with combat sports will be beneficial to me one day in the future, somehow or rather.

Today I realized, what I believe appears to be true. As I would like to venture into the fitness industry once I complete my tertiary education, my experiences as a district level and state reserves athlete will be giving me credits as part of my resume.

I am certainly feeling pissed off with my dad somehow today, if not for his disapproval for me to take part in sports, I would have made it further than what I've achieved before I ended my career prematurely.

No comments: