29 March, 2008

Apple iPhone

My loyal Motorola e398 that has been serving me since November 2004 has been put into retirement.

Before that, I was considering a PDA, but based on experienced PDA users' advise, I decided that I want to be an iPhone owner instead.

Sadly, there is no official release of iPhone in Malaysia and Singapore until now. What are available in our local market are imported and hacked iPhone(s) without official warranty by Apple. You would be considered lucky to be given warranty by the trader themselves.

I was lucky enough as one of my relative were coming back to Malaysia for a holiday and I decided to ask for her help. Thankfully, my iPhone's journey to Malaysia was a smooth one from the States and arrived in Malaysia on the 25th March 2008.

Even the unlocking process was smooth, all thanks to ZiPhone
, I didn't have to pay anyone to perform the unlocking for me.
Thanks to
Ken Lui as well for informing me that we can unlock ourselves without needing to spend money on such service, but just download the software from the internet. Previously hackers would need to use a specially modified sim in order to get the iPhone hacked, unlike now, everything is so easy with just one click of any various iPhone hacking software available.

Nice touch screen. Very responsive and sensitive.

Nice and smooth finishing by Apple.

Resting on it's stand. In the process of getting it's battery charged.

Even we looked so happy inside it :-P~


The only drawback of this phone so far to me is the SMS feature. It doesn't allow it users to save messages as draft.
If that's not bad enough, we can't forward SMS(s), copy paste words. Hopefully someone will come out with a good 3rd party application for SMS.

And as the touchscreen is so sensitive and one alphabet/number is so narrow to each other, I tend to always accidentally press the wrong information needed. I also tend to press send before I could complete my message. I would probably need a Pogo Stylus for iPhone as well for this issue.


Finally, I hope hackers can keep abreast with Apple's updates on curbing unauthorized iPhone users like me by updating their firmware.
The news released by Macworld, iPhone hackers look to an uncertain future certainly doesn't sounds good at all for many people, including me. Currently the hacked 1.1.4 version isn't exactly stable compared to the hacked 1.1.3 version.


Total of USD427 for a 8GB version, inclusive of shipping and tax, which is below RM1400, It is worth every single cent my dad paid for this phone for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I want one!!! OMG!!! This phone is so coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool... OK this is certainly not boring... AT ALL!!! COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!

Jason Lee Kang Xian said...

Steph, go get one, although it will be at least RM1.8k, but it's worth it. Provided you use it well for at least 1 year. :)

If you really want, i'll provide you the trader's contact over here ;)

Jasmine said...

hahaha! well.. i wouldn't buy an iphone as much as i wantttt it so badly! probably go for the Nokia N series.. more features!

Anonymous said...

see lah im still using my 3100 :(

Jason Lee Kang Xian said...

@ Jasmine,

Just personal preference and pro and cons of each and every items :P

@ kei,

good for you, you even get your phone confiscated. Haha!

kEn said...

Dude, finally it has arrived huh? Congrats on your new choice... Glad that I could help with the unlocking process =P

Enjoy your new toy!

Anonymous said...

wowwwwwwww!!! So syokkkkkk!! :D congrats on ur iPhone mann..