25 February, 2007

I Joined Fitness First

Since I’ve stopped working at an Assistant Instructor at my college’s gym, I’ve also stopped stepping into the gym for the past 2 months. 23rd December 2006 to be exact was the last time I stepped into the gym just to submit my pay claim form.

The last time I measure my weight at the gym, it was 72kg, and now it’s showing 77kg on my house weighing scale. Thanks to all the good food and my eating habit with no exercise at all [except my fingers (while on the pc)]. My belly is showing and I’m currently being called fatty by my friends. How sad? :-(

So I went around fitness shops around the Klang Valley asking for equipments quotation thinking to convert one the empty rooms in my house as a small workout area for me. What I had in mind was a treadmill, cross-trainer, and a bench press’ bench. Of course, with other miscellaneous items as well like weights and barbell.

The most pain in the ass part was the price of a treadmill and a cross-trainer. For me, I wouldn’t want something with too simple features, but advanced features with at least 15% percent incline and 20km/h on my treadmill. But the better the features, the higher the price goes.

Anyway, I got myself quoted from a few fitness shops like Johnson Fitness, Kettler and Fitness Concept. The price tag for everything goes up to a whopping RM9K for my “not so basic after all” needs.

It was definitely not going to be reasonable to my dad. And personally, I would have other factors to make me reconsider about;

1. To train at home would need higher level of determination and discipline.

2. Long term maintenance of equipments. It’s humid at my house plus with the air, it would cause the equipments to rust. The treadmill’s motor and belt would be a headache too in the long term.

3. Might not know how long I would really use the equipments. Who knows one day I might find something better to do than working out.

So I actually decided that I would sign-up as a member in a decent equipped gym somewhere near to my house. However, I went to check out 1 of them, and It was disappointing. In terms of environment and equipments that are not so well maintained.

My cousin, Lim Soo Aun who is a personal trainer at Menara Manulife’s Fitness First told me that there’s a promotion going on for Family and Friend’s package for a monthly fee of RM175 RM105 for a Passport membership.

I went over to Fitness First at Menara Manulife yesterday to check the gym and chicks out, and straight away I signed up a 1 year membership contract with them with a monthly fee of RM105 for the mentioned Passport membership. I paid a total RM328 [RM19 (February’s fee) +RM105 (March’s fee) +RM105 (1 month deposit)].

Stay tuned for reviews on Fitness First branches all around Klang Valley.

No comments: