23 January, 2009

Short Reflection

I've arrived safely in Penang about 2 hours ago, only to be kept awake by the caffeine that I consumed to keep me alert while driving back here, my father took over later on for the remaining 70++km before arriving to Butterworth.

As I was sitting and relaxing, I did a short reflection;

I will be turning 21 this year. I used to think that "I am still young and I have plenty of time". But this few days a feeling in me that somehow made me uneasy was " I am young, but not too young in a few years time ". I used to live with the excuse that I am still young, therefore it's fine to be ignorant when I don't know about something, but soon that excuse will come into expiry as my age grows. Responsibilities are getting heavier as well.

Personally, I think there is no reason for me to be procrastinating and thinking I still have plenty of time anymore. Things that are needed to be done, should be done as soon as possible. Opportunities that arises should be appreciated and made use of.

If I were to look back what I've allowed in the past 5 years, since 2004, I am indeed glad and never look back to my journey of my growth that made me what I am today. Nothing great, nothing big, I only did small things with love, and still allowing it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From experience - time passes faster as you grow older!

If you ask me - I can't remember much of what I did when I was 20 going 21.

So - going thru' moment by moment as mindfully as possible is probably the greatest show of gratitude towards the gift of life and all who's helped us along the way.

I'm saying this to remind myself too!